Boats are costly , and leaving them uncovered leaves the furniture and other parts of the boat vulnerable quick decaying, thus, letting the boat’s value drop 10x times quicker. G3 pontoon boat covers are essential accessories one needs to acquire, especially during winter holidays and other periods of time where one won’t use his pontoon boat frequently.
G3 pontoon boat covers can cover a pontoon boat as small as 12’ in length up to over 29’. The importance of having one isn’t just for winter purposes but to avoid sunlight slowly damaging the pontoon boat, dust and other unwanted damages to the the pontoon boat. Excellent way to spot strong G3 pontoon boat covers is by first knowing its fabric, its strengths and weaknesses.
G3 pontoon boat covers are created in a wide range of fabrics like polyester, cotton, mixed blends and acrylic. The most recommended is acrylic for it beats other fabrics in breath ability, durability, water repellency, mild dew resistance, UV/Fade resistance and stain resistance. Despite acquiring those great qualities, Acrylic is more costly than the other two (polyester and cotton). Poly-cotton fabrics come second in strong fabric order, they’re more affordable and popular on the boat cover market.
One has to take precautions when mounting or tying a boat cover to the boat, taking care of a boat cover will also increase the life of a boat cover. One needs to do the following
- Clean the pontoon boat cover with warm water and mild soap (hand wash, not dry cleaning nor placing it in a washing machine).
- Always tie boat covers down securely.
- Apply a water repellency and UV solution once a year.
- Add padding to windshields, trolling motors, depth finders, etc before installing to avoid rips and tears.
- Avoid letting seasonal challenges like water, snow, leaves and sticks to stay on the covers for a long period of time, using accessories like support poles, straps, or bows is a great way to help with this.
- Last but not least, always the cover to thoroughly dry before placing it in storage.
G3 pontoon boat covers have a wide range of boat cover accessories like Boat cover support poles, boat cover tie-down kits, boat cover reinforcements and boat cover clincher. The reinforcement kits help protect the boat cover by adding extra pads to the underside of the cover to protect it from stress points like, windshields, cleats, electronic brackets, trolling motors, etc. The boat cover support poles help extend the life of the boat cover. They help by keeping rain or snow off the cover along with other unwanted material and help increase airflow on the cover avoiding mold build-up. The boat cover clincher is used to tighten and secure the draw rope, thus, preventing it from coming loose. Each cover brand offers their own clincher to work with their specific covers. The tie down kits are strap kits that are used to secure the cover to a trailer or lift.
Click this link for additional information about Fun Pontoon Boat Accessories.