Pontoon boats are becoming popular with old and young people alike. Everyone wants one for different purposes ranging from boat cruising, tubing, and fishing. Notwithstanding, must-haves are required for anyone to enjoy a fantastic sea experience. Pontoon boat accessories are practical items necessary to have onboard any vessel.
These boat accessories come in tables, furniture, ladder, lighting systems, and cleaning supplies. What makes pontoon accessories unique is that it comes with something that fits everyone’s budget. Its luxury features come with custom-built functions that help to pimp and beautify the interior and exterior of any pontoon boat.
This review examines some of the best pontoon boat accessories in the market and why it’s necessary to have a few on any boat model.
Why Buy Pontoon Boat Accessories?
Outfitting a pontoon boat with the right accessories provides much-needed improvements and ensures the owner gets the best out of the vessel. Pontoon boats are family-friendly sea vehicles, and equipping them with proper components will make fun time in the sun. In addition, it is much easier to get these accessories from nearby outlets and online stores.
The main objective behind boat accessories is to give the boat owner a taste of modern boat luxury while beautifying the entire vessel. Some essential functions that pontoon boat accessories offer include:
- Boat surface protection
- Lighting up the boat
- Ensuring smooth onboarding
- Entertaining passengers
- Enhancing water-based sporting and recreational activities.
Other benefits that come with equipping a pontoon boat with high-quality accessories include:
- Pontoon boat accessories allow the owner to navigate the vessel using a touch of modern equipment and top-notch engines.
- The proper accessories boost the motor function and increase the performance of the pontoon boat.
- It ensures that passengers enjoy a wonderful sea experience through the array of gadgets and accessories available within the boat.
- It makes boat cruises relaxing and satisfying to both adults and children.
- Using the right boat accessories ensures that activities like fishing, tubing, and water sporting play out efficiently.
Some of the Best Pontoon Boat Accessories
Most of the best pontoon boat accessories have different built-in functions and specifications. A boat owner hoping to buy some accessories needs to have the proper knowledge and idea of getting quality equipment. Without careful planning and consideration, there is a high probability of ending up with the wrong accessory that could damage parts of the boat.
To narrow down the search, below are some of the best pontoon boat accessories for any vessel:
The Dock Lines and Ropes are double-braided structures manufactured by GREENEVER. It is perfect for pontoon boats and comes with maximum durability and shock absorbency. These ropes consist of marine-grade nylon materials that withstand ultraviolet rays, saltwater, and other harsh environments.
Dock Lines and Ropes maintain a smooth feel and don’t rotate or coil under heavy loads. It has a perfect combination of increased shock absorption and decreased stretch. GREENEVER lines and ropes help keep the pontoon boat at the dock and are sure to remain good as new for a long time.
Features of the GREENEVER Dock Lines and Ropes
- The Dock Lines and Ropes weigh 3.3 pounds.
- Each rope string has a length of 15 feet and a diameter of 3.8 inches.
- The strings come in double-braided structures.
- Made from marine-grade nylon materials.
- It has a safe working load limit of 790-pounds and a breaking strength of 5800-pounds.
- The rope structure provides maximum durability and shock absorbency.
- The ropes and lines are robust enough to withstand harsh environments and the effects of sunlight rays, mold, and saltwater.
- The Dock ropes are ultra-strong and perfect for pulling carts and transporting goods.
- The ropes and lines come with a professional finish that lasts for multiple seasons without unraveling.
- Easy to handle with bare hands and ideal for securing small watercraft like cruisers, fishing boats, and bow-riders.
- It is expensive.
- The delivery date is prolonged.
The Eco Smart Electric Water Heater is a tank-less boat accessory capable of providing hot water for passengers on board. It requires an AWG wire and a 1×30 AMP breaker to function. As a 6-kilowatt water heater, it is an ideal hand-washing device great for places like bars, malls, recreational vehicles, and cruise vessels.
Features of the Eco Smart Electric Water Heater
- The Eco Smart Electric Water Heater weighs one pound.
- The Heater has a maximum flow rate of 1.0 gallons per minute.
- The Eco Smart Water Heater comes with a 0.5 GPM sink aerator.
- Advanced self-modulating technology.
- It operates at 220 volts.
- The Heater produces endless hot water.
- It has a compact model that provides additional storage space.
- Perfect for places like malls, boats, bars, and recreational vehicles.
- The heating system contains field replacement elements.
- Saves energy by using the required amount of energy.
- The on-demand heating and point-of-use installation save time.
- No system for modulating water temperature.
- It is expensive.
- The Heater’s single sink makes it challenging to work at optimal levels.
- The surface is prone to scratches and marks.
The Seaponer LED Light Strip is ideal for beautifying boat decks, fishing boats, and pontoon boat interiors. It comes with screws, LED strip clips, and a sticky coating. With a lifespan of 50,000 hours, it is waterproof, eco-friendly, and energy-saving. The Seaponer Light Strips make the pontoon boat glow in the dark and lighten up passengers’ moods.
Features of the Seaponer LED Light Strip
- The Seaponer LED Light Strip has a 50,000 hours lifespan.
- The light strip weighs 6.4 ounces.
- Working temperature ranges from 20 degrees to 50 degrees.
- Self-adhesive coating for added protection.
- The LED light strip has a length of 5 meters and a width of one centimeter.
- Saves energy by consuming less power.
- The self-adhesive coating makes the light strip flexible and easy to install.
- The elastic ribbon allows the light strip to curve around bends with ease.
- Waterproof and environmentally friendly.
- Solves the uneven luminous problem by spreading the light across the entire pontoon boat.
- Affordable and easy to get.
- Few of the strands split apart during installation.
- The screw breaks easily.
- The adhesive pulls off while removing the paper strip.
- The installation process takes time.
- The clips and screws are not compatible with the under-railings of a pontoon boat.
The ROBOCUP Best Cup Holder is a trademark portable caddy with a dual clamp-on holder. This clamp is ideal for holding double items such as bottles, cups, fishing poles, and drum sticks. It doesn’t require installing tools as the cup holder clamps quickly to flat, round, and vertical surfaces.
The ROBOCUP Best Cup Holder comes with reinforcements added to the clamping jaws to improve durability and efficiency. Its two rubber clamps have an impressive grip that doesn’t slip and hardware that prevents rust. The Cup Holder is a must-have for pontoon vessels as it provides a spot for placing drinks, cups, and beverages during a boat cruise.
Below are a few steps on how to use the ROBOCUP Best Cup Holder
- Hold the Cup Holder close to the chest with the clamps facing the other way to open it.
- Squeeze the top cups inwards with both hands.
- Attach the Cup Holder onto a surface using both clamps
- When fishing, unscrew the two bottom caps to create a space for two fishing poles.
Features of the ROBOCUP Best Cup Holder
- The Cup Holder weighs 0.75 pounds.
- The inner chambers consist of stainless steel hardware and adjustable springs.
- Removable end cap for easy usage.
- The updated version offers additional reinforcements.
- The cup holder comes with two robust rubber clamps.
- The stainless steel surface prevents rust.
- Available for selection in 12 different colors.
- Perfect holder for bottles, cups, keys, and fishing poles.
- Easy to set up without requiring tools.
- The clamping jaws come with reinforcements that improve durability by over 55%.
- Prone to scratches and cracks.
- The spring is much smaller and lasts for a short period.
- It is expensive.
- The delivery date is prolonged.
The Grill Bracket Set from Arnall provides pontoon owners with personalized grills for barbecues during boat cruises. It consists of marine-grade stainless steel that provides stability and support when attached to the side of the boat. The installation process involves drilling a hole at the bottom of the grill.
Features of the Arnall’s Grill Bracket Set
- The grill bracket set weighs 3 pounds.
- It consists of marine-grade stainless steel.
- Customized closed fences.
- Solid and durable due to its stainless steel surface.
- Easy to use.
- Simple to install.
- The custom-built system helps to hold the grill in place.
- It doesn’t fit the aluminum railing of a Sun-Catcher pontoon boat.
- Removing and installing the grill bracket set for use each time is tiring.
- The cost of replacing the clamps is high.
The Savvy Craft Bimini Replacement Cover is a heavy-duty UV-treated fabric that offers protection from sunlight rays. It consists of marine-grade water-resistant material compatible with pontoons, fishing, and deck boats. Installing a Bimini top cover is easy and quick due to its heavy-duty zippers.
The Savvy Craft Bimini Cover comes with a matching color storage booth with openings for the stern light. Using the Bimini cover helps protect the passengers on board from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. A one-year warranty makes it easier to get replacements for work-related damages or material defects.
Features of the Savvy Craft Bimini Top Replacement Cover
- The item weighs around 2.7 kilograms.
- It consists of heavy-duty UV-treated fabric.
- A built-in storage booth.
- The marine-grade material of the Bimini top makes it breathable and water-resistant.
- Quick and easy to install.
- The Bimini top cover accommodates both round and square tubes.
- The fabric is prone to color fading after 2-3 months.
- It is expensive.
The JBL Wireless Bluetooth Speaker is another essential accessory on a pontoon boat. It comes with a Party Booster that allows the passengers to pair two compatible speakers to pump up a boat party. A JBL Wireless Speaker is ideal for supplying excellent music during water-based activities such as onboard parties, fishing, tubing, and water sporting.
Features of the JBL Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- The Bluetooth speaker weighs 2.31 pounds.
- 4800mAh Lithium Polymer battery.
- It consists of a divvy hard-shell case.
- IPX7 waterproof design.
- Allows users to pair two JBL compatible speakers together for quality stereo sound.
- The speaker’s 12 hours of playback provides a longer playtime duration.
- Portable and easy to carry around.
- The actual shipping and customs costs make the speaker expensive.
- The sound quality might not be up to the standard of other quality speakers.
The ICOVER Boat Cover consists of marine-grade polyester fabric that is tear-resistant and waterproof. The cover is easy to clean and offers protection against harsh weather conditions. Thanks to its built-in adjustable straps and integrated buckles, Installing and mounting the cover surface is easy. The ICOVER Boat Cover protects other accessories such as pedal seats, spotlights, and boarding seats.
Features of the ICOVER Boat Cover
- Covered with marine-grade polyester material.
- It comes with reinforcement panels.
- The item weighs 6.74 kilograms.
- Water-repellant coating.
- Easy to use, install, and transport.
- Durable, tear-resistant, and waterproof.
- Adjustable straps and integrated buckles for securing the cover around the boat.
- It is expensive.
- The cover is prone to tears and color fading.
The Square Fender Cleat helps to adjust the position of the pontoon’s fender to suit various docking situations. It has a built-in system designed to clamp on square tube rails and quickly solve the problem of unfastening and lashing fender lines. The Square Rail Fender Cleat consists of ABS material that is durable and scratch-resistant.
Features of the Adjustable Square Rail Fender Cleat
- The Rail Fender Cleat weighs 0.16 kilograms.
- It comes with four gray pontoon fender hangers.
- Made from high-grade ABS material.
- Durable and designed to reposition with ease.
- The fender cleat is resistant to low temperature, sunlight exposure, and seawater corrosion.
- It offers stability without worrying about deformation or cracks.
- The cleat’s smooth surface is scratch-resistant.
- Affordable and available in nearby outlets and online stores.
- It contains plastic elements, which makes the cleat vulnerable.
- The size of the rope doesn’t fit most pontoon boat fenders.
The Boat Hook comes with an adjustable locking system that acts as a push-up pole for pontoon boats. It is ideal for pulling up lines docking boat poles and acts as a telescoping push pole. The Boat Hook is durable and easy to use, consisting of marine-grade aluminum material.
Features of the Boat Hook Pole Screw
- It has a length of 46 inches.
- The pole weighs 0.46 kilograms.
- The Boat Hook Pole Screw comes with a thick protective bumper.
- Comfortable grip handle and is easy to use.
- Sturdy and durable.
- It consists of lightweight aluminum that enables the pole to float on water.
- The thick protective bumper offers a protective shield against external damage.
- It doesn’t fit most standard pole threads.
- Expensive for its size.
Cruising in a pontoon boat can be enjoyable and satisfying only if the vessel comes with the right accessories. Using pontoon boat accessories will ensure that the ship functions at optimal levels. These accessories consist of high-grade materials and a built-in feature that makes boat rides an exciting venture. With most of these components easy to afford, pimping a pontoon boat won’t be tricky.