Most people’s idea of “fun in the sun” is riding against the wind and the water in a chariot-style boat towable. Hence, when it’s summer, water enthusiasts may have to choose between the best towable tubes by Sportstuff: Super Mable vs. Big Mable. As far as performance and features go, both Airhead towable tubes are well-equipped to give their riders the best experience. However, it is essential to know the pros, cons, and dissimilarities between the two before purchasing.
The following paragraphs will exhaust the features and specifications of Super Mable and Big Mable to help the buyer get the best value.
Super Mable Vs. Big Mable: Which Is Better?
A healthy comparison of two similar products is always a wise step to making the best decision. Super Mable and Big Mable are similar towable tubes from one of the best sellers of watersport products- Airhead. They share the same unique features and even have a striking resemblance in shape and colour.
Super Mable and Big Mable share a similar design and have the same patented speed valve. Other shared features include a double tow point, Kwik connects for rear and front towing, grab handles, and air-cushioned sidewalls. When it comes down to which is better between the two, the answer depends on factors like their human-holding capacity and price.
The Big Mable towable tube will comfortably hold about two persons. Super Mable, on the other hand, can hold up to three persons. Hence, Super Mable is more prominent in size and weighs more than Big Mable. As expected, Super Mable is more expensive than its counterpart. Therefore, the answer to which of them is better is relative. Super Mable is better for larger families or people who entertain many guests. Big Mable, however, is better for a small family on a tight budget.
Super Mable Vs. Big Mable: Comparison Chart
Super Mable and Big Mable have quite a lot of similarities. However, there are some slight differences between both products. The chart below should give readers a better insight into both
|Product Name/Image||Airhead Big Mable |
|Inflated size||68×68 inches|
|Deflated size||74×74 inches|
|Product Weight||10 pounds|
|Colours||Orange, Yellow, Black|
|Material||Heavy-duty nylon cover with zipper (Double-stitching). K80 PVC bladder.|
|Human Holding Capacity||1-2 Riders|
|Tow Points||Dual Tow Points (Front/Rear)|
|Riding Position||Front riser/Backrest|
|KWIK Connect Towing System?||Yes|
|Speed Safety Valve?||Yes|
|Air-cushioned Side Walls?||Yes|
|EVA foam pads?||Yes|
|Weight Limit||340 Pounds|
VS SUPER MABLE
|Product Name/Image||Airhead Super Mable |
|Inflated Size||79×78 inches|
|Deflated Size||75×73 inches|
|Product Weight||20 pounds|
|Colour||Orange, Yellow, Black|
|Material||Heavy-duty nylon cover with zipper (Double-stitching) K80 PVC bladder|
|Human Holding Capacity||1-3 Riders|
|Tow Points||Dual Tow Point (Front/Rear)|
|Riding Position||Front riser/Backrest|
|KWIK Connect Towing System?||Yes|
|Speed Safety Valve?||Yes|
|Air-cushioned Side Walls?||Yee|
|EVA Foam Pads?||Yes|
|Weight Limit||510 pounds|
Super Mable Vs. Big Mable: Similarities
Super Mable and Big Mable are great rider towable rafts guaranteed to give the ultimate water riding experience. Both towable rafts have strong tow ropes that the rider can anchor in two locations.
Aside from this, there are other striking similarities between both tubes. Anyone can quickly notice similarities when it comes to;
- Design: The Super Mable and the Big Mable are look-alikes in product design. They are both made with double-stitched, heavy-duty nylon with K80 bladders. For optimal comfort, both towable tubes have EVA foam pads, cushioned sidewalls, and a supportive backrest. Also, they both have double-webbed foams and knuckle guards placed in strategic positions.
- Shape And Color: Both towable tubes are identical in shape and colour. They both have a large, cushioned backrest that can double as a front riser. Super Mable and Big Mable both have the colours orange, yellow, black, and white.
- Dual Tow Points: Super Mable and Big Mable have two tow points that allow users to enjoy the ride in the front or rear position. Therefore, riders can kneel, sit or lay down while riding.
- The KWIK Connect: The KWIK connect both towable tubes share accounts for easy towing. All the user needs to do is to put the rope through the KWIK Connect’s middle and then slide it over the end.
- Inflation: The speed safety valve embedded in both towable tubes makes it easy to inflate and deflate. The patented safety valve is a one-way valve that effectively keeps air from escaping. The opening on the speed valve is as small as a nickel in both tubes. To use the safety valve, insert the inflation tube into its opening and inflate
- Warranty: Whether one chooses the Super Mable or the Big Mable, they can expect to receive a one-year warranty. Hence, for both towables, one can expect to have damages and defects covered under warranty for a year
Super Mable Vs. Big Mable: Differences
As earlier stated, the Super Mable and the Big Mable share similar shapes, designs, and features. However, when one puts Super Mable Vs. Big Mable, one will notice slight differences. Hence, it is essential to know these differences before making a decision.
Below are the few features that differentiate the Super Mable from the Big Mable
- Size: When fully inflated, Big Mable is 68×68 inches and weighs 10 pounds. The Super Mable, on the other hand, is 79×78 inches when inflated and weighs 20 pounds.
- Human-holding Capacity: Big Mable is a 1-2 rider towable tube while Super Mable is a 1-3 rider towable. The weight limit for Big Mable is 340 pounds, while Super Mable can carry up to 510 pounds.
- Price: As expected, Super Mable is more expensive than Big Mable due to its bigger size. It is at least $60 more costly than Big Mable, making it $60 too expensive for some.
Why Choose Big Mable?
The Big Mable is a two-person towable tube loaded with upgraded features and various riding options. This towable tube features dual tow points for different riding positions. It also has a double-purpose backrest that can be turned in the opposite direction and used for a chariot-style ride. The backrest and strong grab handles make the Big Mable suitable for kids and adults. The air-cushioned side walls and EVA foam pads are the primary reasons why riders feel safe and comfortable while riding the Big Mable.
The versatility and affordability of the Big Mable make it a popular choice among water enthusiasts. The versatility accounts for a thrilling experience as riders can kneel or sit in either direction. The heavy-duty nylon cover and K80 PVC bladder that make up this towable tube guarantee its longevity. The best thing about Big Mable is that it has a reasonable price; hence the user can be assured of getting value.
Features Of The Big Mable
Below are some of the features of the Big Mable;
- K80 Bladder With Full Nylon Cover: The Big Mable has a double-stitched nylon cover that enhances durability. It is also carefully constructed with a heavy gauge PVC bladder and RF seems.
- Dual Tow Points: It has dual tow points with a KWIK Connect at the front, making attaching the rope easy. Users also have the option of installing a KWIK Connect at the rear.
- Sportstuff Patented Speed Valve: The Big Mable has a patented speed valve that accounts for easy inflation and deflation.
- Grab Handles: The Big Mable has multiple foam-filled grab handles and knuckles guards. This feature ensures a safe and comfortable ride for users.
- EVA Foam Pads: Big Mable’s seat is made with EVA foam pads. It also comes with a backrest and air-cushioned side walls for comfort.
- Lightweight: The Big Mable weighs about ten pounds which makes it easy for most riders to lift the tube with ease.
Pros And Cons Of The Big Mable
No matter how great a product seems, it most likely has its downsides. Like every product, the Big Mable has pros and cons that every buyer should know before purchasing.
Below are the pros and cons of the Big Mable towable tube;
- The Big Mable is lightweight.
- Allows for different riding positions.
- Nylon and Eva foam pads.
- Speed safety valve allows for easy inflation.
- Comfortable grab handles with knuckle guards.
- A backrest that doubles as a front riser.
- One year guarantee against defects.
- It can be enjoyed by both children and adults.
- Only allows for two riders at a time.
- Handles may begin to wear out after a few months.
- Quickly deflates during use; users should ensure to always have an inflator at hand.
Why Choose The Super Mable
The Super Mable is a popular choice amongst riders. It is a top-choice for dare-devil riders who want speed and prioritize safety. During a high-speed ride, the grab handles are strong enough to keep riders from being thrown into the water. As with the Big Mable, the Super Mable’s backrest can be used as it is or turned in the opposite direction to enjoy the ride a different way. The Super Mable comes with double-webbing foam handles and knuckle guards placed at strategic areas to give riders the option of riding in different positions.
The Super Mable towable has three seats with EVA foam pads. The uniqueness of its dual tow points means it can be anchored in different positions. Due to this feature, riders can choose to ride while lying on their stomachs, kneeling, or sitting. The Super Mable has heavy-duty nylon that gives it quick-drying abilities. It also has a K80 PVC bladder making the Super Mable highly durable. It is worth mentioning that the Super Mable can be used as a deluxe lounger at pools and lakes.
Features Of The Super Mable
Below are the features of the Super Mable;
- Air Cushioned Side Walls: Just like the Big Mable, the Super Mable comes with air-cushioned sidewalls, which makes it comfortable for users.
- Aluminium KWIK Connect: The aluminium KWIK Connect, along with the speed safety valve, saves the users time as it can be easily connected and inflated.
- Grab Handles And Knuckle Guards: The Super Mable is fully equipped with multiple foam-filled grab handles and knuckle guards. This feature ensures no rider falls off during a high-speed ride.
- K80 Bladder And Full Nylon Cover: For durability and easy drying, Super Mable is made with a heavy-duty nylon cover. It also comes with a K80 bladder and self-bailing drain vents.
- Capacity: The Super Mable is a three-rider towable tube. Hence, three riders can board the ride for a riding session. However, it is advisable not to exceed the weight limit, which is 510 pounds.
- Dual Tow Points: The Super Mable comes with dual tow points- front and rear. This feature allows riders to enjoy the ride in various positions. Younger children can use the backrest in a sitting position, while adults can use the backrest for a chariot-style ride.
Pros And Cons Of The Super Mable
Before buying the Super Mable, it is crucial to know what to expect. As with the Big Mable, the Super Mable has its ups and downs.
Below are the pros and cons of the Super Mable towable tube;
- Has incredible speed.
- Three riders can enjoy the ride at a time.
- Front and rear tow points.
- Well-covered with EVA foam pads.
- Has a backrest and a front riser.
- Easily connected and inflated.
- It can be pulled by a 40HP boat.
- The Super Mable doubles as a floating lounger.
- Suitable for children and adults.
- It is heavy, especially when wet.
- The handles are not as durable as other parts of the tube.
- The weight limit may not be suitable for three fully grown adults.
When it comes down to Super Mable Vs Big Mable, riders can expect maximum quality from both towable tubes. The Super Mable and Big Mable are designed almost the same way. They are both well constructed and come preloaded with unique features. However, a person who wants higher speed and intends to ride with more friends or family should go with the Super Mable. On the other hand, those who want the best value for a lower price will be pleased with the Big Mable.