When we talk about a fishing boat, one would imagine a sleek bass boat, or a sturdy aluminium V-hull or some would even think of an offshore tolling machine. But today all those notions are moving towards: pontoon boats.
A pontoon is a metallic tube, flotation device with buoyancy sufficient to float itself as well as a heavy load over it. Boats using pontoon as a floating device are called pontoon boats. Pontoon boats are typically cylindrical and do not have inside access; they are simply for flotation.
But, today pontoon boats are gaining popularity as a fishing boat and they have proved to be great fishing platforms. They are stable, they have multiple anglers stand to cast, they can accommodate large groups with ease. Today with the advancement of technology, pontoon boats for fishing can be equipped with high tech fishing techniques like locking rod storage, live wells and pedestal mount seats. Mostly all pontoon boats have large and open dashboards that make it easy to install fish finders or a GPS or both. Pontoon boats offer comfort features like sun protection of bimini top, tables for drinks or meals, and even a Porta-potti. Some of the pontoon boats well known for fishing are listed below:
- Sylvan Mirage Fish 820 4-PT
- It is a compact and capable fishing pontoon that is able to tread into shallow back bays.
- The tough fishing station includes rod holders, rod storage rocks, and a measuring scale as well.
- The average power Sylvan Mirage can provide is nearly 90 horsepower.
- Bennington SXP Series 16 SFXP
- It comes with twin pedestal mount fishing seats up front, a live well, rod storage.
- It is capable and comfortable for a fishing trip for a family, with plenty of space over board, to accommodate fun for everyone.
- It has a bimini top, dual rod holders, and a standard fish box.
- The maximum power of the pontoon boat is comparatively lower, close to forty horse power.
- Starcraft EX 20 F4
- It has been in the market for more than 100 years now.
- The boat features pedestal mount fishing seats, lockable rod storage, bimini top, and ample gear space.
- The maximum power it can provide is 125 horse power, and 200 horse power in case of a tri-toon.
- Harris Flotebote Cruiser 200 FS Fish
- It offers two pedestal mount fishing seats in place of bow loungers, plus two additional in the aft lounge.
- There is also a well appointed rear work station, an aerated live well, and rod holders as well.
- Power is 115 horse power.
- SunChaser 8520 Classic Fish EXP
- It has four pedestals mount fishing boats, and a stern fishing station with dual fishing rods, rod storage, a live well and a measuring tape as well.
- It can seat ten and provide entertainment through its standard stereo.
- Its maximum power is 125 horse power.