The unique features and designs unleashed on pontoon boats have led to an increase in the desire to acquire one by most outdoor enthusiasts. Usually, pontoon boats are bought for several purposes, which include sports, fishing, relaxation, and other recreational activities. However, having some essential accessories onboard adds more fun to the boating experience.
Hence, a pontoon boat’s usability is not complete until the addition of some must-have pontoon boat accessories. These accessories enhance the boat features and improve the aesthetic view of the pontoon boat and make it desirable. One to look out for is the Stohlquist life support vest. With its weight of 4.32g, this accessory provides one with the best diving experience while still ensuring safety.
Let’s have a look at some must-haves pontoon boat accessories and what they can do to enhance users’ experience.
Reasons For Pontoon Boat Accessories
In the quest to attain the climax of excitement and comfort, having pontoon boat accessories is necessary. In addition to the satisfaction derived from some of these accessories, others serve as security and safety measures. Hence, they can help avert and also cater to injuries if the need arises.
Reasons to get pontoon boat accessories include
Among many other substantial reasons why pontoon boat accessories are needed, safety is a core function of pontoon boat accessories. It makes provision for unexpected occurrences.
It adds aesthetics
Having an appealing pontoon boat can only be achieved when needed accessories are added. Materials like chairs, tables, and bars can add to the beauty of a pontoon boat.
One of the basic essences of a pontoon boat is to create a site for fun. Diving, playing football, and card games are examples of accessories that would propel maximizing fun In a pontoon boat.
Makes the pontoon boat homely
Pontoon boat accessories can transform the interior setting of the boat and make it homely. The appearance it creates makes the environment comfortable and convenient.
Maintains the pontoon boat
Improper maintenance would eventually lead to damage to properties. Maintaining the pontoon boat with different accessories would reduce the damage rate.
Must-Haves Pontoon Boat Accessories
The list of must-have pontoon boat accessories is limitless. Mentioning a few would help bring to the limelight some key accessories that would increase the overall productivity of a pontoon boat.
First Aid Kit at First aid kits only Store
One of the most crucial accessories that should be on the pontoon boat is a first aid kit. Although pontoon boats have been proven to be one of the safest ways of staying on the sea, making provision for injuries could be helpful. Hence, first aid kits provide numerous treatment tools for emergencies.
In the first aid kit-only box, medical tools that can attend to different injuries are available. For example, during sporting events, there are tendencies that someone could twist an ankle or mistakenly hit any part of the body against a metallic object and sustain an injury. Therefore applying basic medical treatment would subdue the pain till there is access to proper medical attention.
- It has 298 pieces inside a box.
- Its medical kits can handle any kind of water accident.
- It has a length of 9.25, a width of 2.88, and a height of 7 inches.
- Easy to carry from place to place due to its weight.
- Adequate medical kit to tackle any form of injury
- Functional in different settings like football fields, malls, schools, e.t.c.
- Simple to use and operate.
- Require an adapter or converter for electrical use in some locations.
- It’s more suitable in the US.
- It is expensive.
Stohlquist Life Support Vest
A PFD jacket is an essential accessory that assures safety while on water. Oftentimes, a fall might be inevitable. Hence, wearing a life jacket is a great backup while cruising inland.
- Stohlquist life support vest is compatible for both males and females.
- Highly adjustable to different body sizes.
- It weighs 4.32 pounds, making it light for the body.
- Highly mobile and can be worn from place to place
- It comes with a storage bag.
- Its thin back panels makes it comfortable to sit while wearing the vest.
- Its convenient backpack makes it easy to move around.
- Fits perfectly in all adult sizes because it’s adjustable.
- It can be worn by both males and females.
- The purchase can’t be less than four jackets at a time.
- For adults only and not suitable for kids.
- Limited choice of colors.
- It is expensive.
Deluxe Portable Fluke Style Anchor by Marine Now
To prevent the pontoon boat from floating away while idle, it needs to be properly anchored. Hence, having a fluke anchor is an essential accessory that solidifies the usage of a pontoon boat. The boat needs a strong anchor when parked. Also, while swimming or fishing, boats need to be tamed so that they won’t get tossed by the wind. Therefore, the Deluxe Portable Fluke Anchor is a must-have accessory for boat owners.
- Made from aluminum.
- It comes in 4 lb. and 7 lb. sizes.
- High level of durability.
- Its parts are made of aluminum.
- Expensive to purchase and maintain.
Hoyle Waterproof Playing Cards
The major consideration of not including card games while cruising is the possibility that it can be ruined by the water. However, Hoyle brought a perfect solution to the problem of not neglecting the family game on a family trip. The waterproof playing cards can be used on the pontoon boat. Hence, water would no longer be a barrier because of its waterproof build.
- It comes in 1 pack.
- The cards can’t be damaged by water.
- It’s affordable.
- Can get missing if not properly handled.
LILLIPAD Pontoon Diving Board
Getting to the climax of the recreational benefits of a pontoon boat needs an accessory like a diving board from Lillipad. Diving from the edge of a pontoon boat feels great, but bouncing for a couple of seconds before diving into the water is even better. The Lillipad diving boards provide the perfect platform for driving. Also, there are usable by both adults and children.
- It is foam-padded, ensuring more safety.
- Comes with a Black Powder Coat.
- Appears like an upgraded sea deck.
- There is a surface mount.
- The foam at the surface makes it foot-friendly.
- It’s joined to the boat to make it look like a part.
- No variety of colors.
INTEX Pool Volleyball Game
It’s advisable never to neglect a competitive volleyball game after everyone has dived into the water. Competition among two or more teams can evoke ecstasy and fun.
- It has a floating net.
- Requires blowing.
- Can easily be blown.
- It is highly affordable.
- It can get punctured by sharp objects.
AFFORDURAL Rider Towable Tube
Another must-have pontoon accessory is a rider’s towable tube. A super Affordural towable tube is attached to the boat and dragged about on the water. It can carry three adults, with five children could also sit on the moving tube.
The tube has dual tow points and can be attached to the front or the back of the tube. This makes it possible to sit and relax while being moved or stand and rest on the high backrest. Therefore, a couple could isolate themselves from the rest of the family to have a moment on the tube.
- Patented Speed.
- It can be towed from two points. Each point requires a different posture.
- The sides are guarded to protect passengers from falling.
- It has a high backrest that helps to relax when towed from the front. When towed from behind, the backrest can be bent upon.
- Soft Eva foam seating pads.
- It increases comfort.
- A space for isolation from others on the boat.
- Different views when towed from different sides.
- Can easily be damaged by the sun.
GARMIN STORE Fish Finder
This is a great suggestion for those who love to go fishing on pontoons boat. It’s a whole lot easier to have a Garmin Store device that can help fishermen locate fish and set the hook in the right direction. The fish finder has a GPS to locate the movements of fish in the water. The finder helps to track the movement of the fish with a 3.5 GPS finder.
- Incredible GPS
- An easy way to catch fish.
ZIMMER Portable Toilet
Having too much to eat and drink while on the water can pose a problem. When nature calls, a Zimmer portable toilet serves the purpose of its production. Also, the Zimmer portable toilet is good for camping and can also be fixed in a pontoon boat.
- The tank can hold five gallons of waste before being full.
- There is a leak-proof, which restrains odor or drops from the tank.
- It is simple to flush after use.
- The tank is detachable to dispose of the waste.
- It’s mobile and can function for different camping events.
- Can be taken along when going on a trip.
- Won’t be sufficient for a crowded event.
JD Preferred Boat Trash Can
Maintaining waste is very crucial in keeping the pontoon boat clean. Food and junk food often accompany people on an island cruise. After consuming the content in any container, one would need where to dispose of it. Hence, the JD PREFERRED boat trash serves as a substitute for bags and containers that can’t perfectly contain waste.
- There is a leakproof that prevents stains on the floor.
- It prevents odors from waste coming out of the can.
- It’s mobile and can be used for trips.
- Leak proof.
- It’s portable and mobile.
Must-have pontoon boat accessories are not limited to the few mentioned above. To experience the maximum benefit of a pontoon boat, there is a need to acquire several luxurious accessories that make the boat beautiful. It should not be limited to accessories that give excitement alone; safety should be part of the considerations.